Monday, April 21, 2008

Pine Wood Derby!



Last Tuesday was Tristan's first ever Pine Wood Derby. He wanted to make a "shark" car, but it wasn't looking like a shark, so it became a wolf at the last minute. There are about 9-10 kids in his Wolf pack, and he took 3rd place out of his pack, and about 8th out of all of the boys put together. We thought that was pretty good, for a car that was thrown together at the last minute once we returned from Vegas! He had a great time.

It seems like I hear this comment at least once at every Pine Wood Derby I've been to. "Wouldn't this be a great Elder's Quorum activity?" And yet I've never seen it done. Has anyone else ever been in a ward where adults had a Pine Wood Derby activity?

6 comments:

B & J Weston said...

Congratulations Tristan!!! We liked the looks of your car, and the last minute work of you and your dad came out pretty great. Just think what you could do with even more time to prepare the car! I have been in a ward which had a "derby" for the dads and it went very well - something like the ward basketball games in the spirit of competition!

Love Grandpa W.

The Knight Family said...

Nice car! Hi Barbara - I was wondering if you still do your travel agency business - If you do I have a question for you - you can email me at cldknight@gmail.com
Carol

Diane said...

Good job Tristan! We had a car one year that fell apart on the track. Not so fun...

Diane said...

Good job Tristan! We had a car one year that fell apart on the track. Not so fun...

Rebekah B. said...

Yep...two of them. It's just like the kids' derby, but with adults.

Arlo & Kara said...

We had a Pine "Ward" Derby....a very fun event....even though we came in dead last!