Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Las Vegas!

Over the weekend we drove to Las Vegas for our nephew Weston Bruderer's blessing. Saturday morning, while waiting for other family members to arrive, we took the kids down to the strip to see what we could find fun to do. Boy, did we find fun! We started out at the Mandalay Bay's Shark Reef Aquarium for about 1 1/2 hours, which the both the kids & Sean & I enjoyed. Then we took the tram over to the New York New York.


Raleigh wanted to ride a roller coaster, which they have at the "Coney Island" part of the hotel, but she was barely tall enough, so she decided it might be a little scary. All of the kids opted to play the arcade games there for awhile. A few nice people gave us their extra tickets from game-playing, so my kids had about 900 tickets to cash in at the end. I'm always amazed at how cheap the prize toys are, and also at how many tickets they can get away with charging for those cheap toys. Oh, well. The kids had a great time.

One last stop: the M&M's store! We watched the short movie, and looked through all 4 stories. Fun place!

I don't have any pictures to post of the strip, because I left my camera in my bag at the hotel! I bought a disposable one, but I still have to get them developed.

The blessing on Sunday was very nice; I'm sure Michelle will post more pics from that gathering. It was great to see them again, and to be there!

Michelle, Steve, Sally, Adri & Weston


The whole group!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

What a fun trip. I love going to Sin City. For some odd reason, I always feel very refreshed. That doesn't make any sense. Anyway, so sorry about your "long day" and poor Sabra. My idea of a long day is when Kashton wont nap. I hope she's feeling so much better now.

Hacking it up said...

Looks like a fun trip! I haven't been to Vegas in Years! Your kids are growing so fast!