Thursday, August 21, 2008

Rides, Cars, Football & Fishing


We went to Lagoon on the 24th of July! It was a hot day, but we had a great time.

Jamison with Grandpa Duane & Grandma Margie

The first weekend of August, we went with some friends to a demolition derby in Summit County.


And football season has started! Both boys played their first game last Saturday. Jamison's on the same team he was last year, which is great. They won their game, and he played well. Tristan's on a "learning" team: this is his coach's first year, and also his first year. His team lost--but I guess there's always next week!


Last week we got away for a few hours to go fishing. I haven't had a fishing license for years, but bought one in honor of our family fishing day. (For the past several years, I've kept tabs on whoever didn't want to fish, or didn't have a long enough attention span to keep at it. This time we thought everyone should have a chance!) We drove up to Butterfly Lake in the Uintah mountains. The fishing was very good; everyone caught at least two! Sabra was the most determined and patient (other than Jamison); she caught four!







4 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like you've done a lot of fun things within the last month! :) Thanks for the update and pictures!

Unknown said...

Those look like some good fish! Thanks for the pictures. I love seeing you guys. I bet the Demo. Derby was totally awesome.

Chelsey said...

Sounds like you've had a good summer! Pictures are cute!

LittlePartyof7 said...

Oh I love family fishing days!!! We need to take our kids again before it gets way too chilly!!!