Saturday, March 8, 2008

Update

I've been slacking in my blogging efforts lately. My excuse is lack of time. My home-based business (travel agency) is taking up a lot of extra of time lately. That's good for me, because people are planning trips, but hard to get everything else done. Blogging is the first thing to slide to the back burner.

For Valentine's Day I gave Sean a night at Little America in Salt Lake, so last Friday night (a week ago) we had our night out. We went to The Gateway and ate at Biaggio's and then saw the movie "Vantage Point." It was an interesting show; we enjoyed it.

We'd never stayed at Little America before, and had a good time. It's fun to do things away from kids and out of the normal routine occasionally. We had their famous buffet brunch the next morning, which was as yummy as expected.

We split the kids up by twos: Jamison & Sabra stayed with a family in our old neighborhood, their best friends, and Raleigh & Tristan stayed with Lynette & Anthony (my sister & brother-in-law). The highlight of their experience was going bowling, although both kids were quick to assure me the next day that just because you're a great Wii bowler, that doesn't make you a great bowler in real life. Apparently Tristan even managed a couple of gutter balls in spite of the bumpers being up. I'm sure that was a sight to see!

Saturday evening after getting everyone home (and us having to buy a new printer/fax/copier for my aforementioned home business on the spur of the moment), Sean & I went out with some of my siblings to the temple and out to eat. When my parents left on their mission to New York, we assured them we'd take my handicapped sister Jenni to the temple regularly. They've been gone since January, and this is the first time we've taken her. We had a great time.

As we left our kids for the evening that night, I couldn't help but be glad that the days are gone that I have to hire a babysitter when we go out at night. For those of you who aren't there yet, it's worth the wait. Definitely nice to know that your children are self-sufficient enough to take care of things and watch out for each other for a few hours!

Yesterday was Jamison's DARE graduation. DARE is a program put on by the local police officers, 12 weeks in length, teaching 6th graders how to avoid drugs, alcohol and violence. At the graduation, the officers kept talking about going on to jr. high next year. Jr. high! My boy is growing up! Of course, I realized that last week when he got his first phone call from a girl. Not sure I'm ready for all of that! He assures me he doesn't like her or her friend, who both call almost daily.

5 comments:

Diane said...

It's so good to hear what your family has been up to. Although I live less than 10 miles from your house, I don't get to see or talk to you often enough!

Michelle & Steve said...

Great update. Jamison can't be old enough to be getting called by girls already! That is crazy!

LittlePartyof7 said...

I'm totally with you on the phone calls from girls. What is up with that??? All of your kids are growing up fast it's great to see their cute photos!

Rebekah B. said...

thanks for the update. girls calling already? wow.

Hacking it up said...

Nice you and Sean got to get away for a minute!!
I agree with the not having to hire a babysitter anymore thing! It's great to have them "built-in"!