Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Wheat & Stuff


Just a few minutes ago Sabra was helping me grind some of my new wheat so that I could make bread. Sabra was digging her hands into the wheat bucket and playing in it. When I said, "OK, it's time to put the wheat away," she responded,"Mom, I like playing in those beans of wheat!" (Her only frame of reference for wheat is the bucket of beans I have in storage.)

Last week Sabra got to be a mini-cheerleader for a BHS Braves basketball game. They did a dance & a cheer at halftime. (See accompanying picture.) All through the first half of the game, the little girls (about 150 of them) all sat on the bleachers in a group by the cheerleaders, with the families sitting up in the balcony section on the student side. The most entertaining part of the basketball game was Tristan. "Hey, did you see that? That guy just stole the ball! Yea! He's going to shoot. Look at him! Oh NO! He didn't make it! The other team took it away!" He kept up a continual running commentary, and was so excited about every basket and steal the Braves made.

Jamison & Tristan got to go ice fishing last Saturday with Sean. They also went with Sean's brother Joe & some cousins. The fishing wasn't real great--only 3 fish caught the entire morning--but Jamison was thrilled because he caught the first (and according to him, the biggest) fish. So it was a success, in his eyes.

No comments: